Our client is looking for a committed Safety Officer to become an essential part of their team, ensuring the highest safety standards are maintained throughout the organization. The Safety Officer will have a crucial role in establishing and preserving a culture of safety excellence within the company.
Location: Cunene in the south of Angola and Moxico in the east.
R 45,000.00 per month, plus accommodation, travel, feeding, and telecommunications costs while the candidate is on-site.
Contract: 2 months on-site in Angola.
Responsibilities will involve enacting safety policies, procedures, and initiatives, conducting thorough inspections, and collaborating with employees to guarantee the welfare of our client's workforce.
For a duration of 8 weeks, you will be based in Angola. Our client is dedicated to elevating the driving skills and expertise of the chosen candidate by providing specialized 4x4 defensive driving training.
- Implement and enforce company safety policies, procedures, and guidelines, ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Conduct regular safety inspections and audits of facilities, equipment, and work areas to identify hazards and recommend corrective actions.
- Lead or assist in the investigation of workplace incidents and accidents, determining root causes, and developing preventive measures to avoid future occurrences.
- Maintain accurate safety records, including incident reports, safety statistics, and near-miss reports. Provide regular safety performance reports to management.
- Develop and implement emergency response plans, conduct drills, and ensure readiness for various emergency scenarios.
- Communicate safety information, alerts, and updates to employees through various channels, ensuring that safety remains a top priority.
- Promote a safety-conscious culture by fostering open communication, encouraging reporting of safety concerns, and recognizing and rewarding safe behaviors.
- Stay current with safety regulations and industry best practices, and ensure the organization's compliance with all relevant safety standards.
- Identify opportunities for safety improvement, propose safety enhancements, and collaborate with relevant teams to implement changes.
- The ideal candidate will possess qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or a related field (preferred).